What is FIREISOLATOR
The entire concept of the Fire Isolator set of fire-fighting accessories was born precisely for these cases, and the following procedure has proven to be the most effective:
- Using a high-temperature-resistant car fire blanket (up to 1600 degrees C°, tested according to ISO EN 13501-1) to isolate and control fire and smoke spread and prevent collateral damage. Please note that the blanket alone will not put out the fire in the battery. Provides control over the situation.
- The use of aerosol units that interrupt the chemical chain reactions of combustion and suppress the fire, which leads to a further decrease in temperature.
- Using a stream of water mist over the blanket to reduce toxic fumes and smoke and keep the car cool.
- Monitor the temperature via a thermal camera
- Manufacturers recommend leaving the car immersed in a water tank for several days to completely extinguish the fire inside the high-voltage battery and prevent the fire from re-igniting.